My name is Idai Makaya. I am a Health & Fitness Evangelist (i.e. a coach & mentor) with a passion for sharing sustainable, effective & innovative routes to optimum well-being and peak physical performance. I hold a number of fitness world records and you can learn more about me in my expanded bio.
All my fitness & coaching services are outlined in detail on the page below and you can make bookings on this link.
I offer face-to-face personal training services at my Bodystreet Milton Keynes fitness studio. I also offer remote health & fitness coaching to clients located around the world.
In addition to my general fitness coaching services, I deliver both remote and in-person ElliptiGO outdoor elliptical (stand-up) bike fitness coaching plans and I rent or supply ElliptiGO bikes directly to my clients. My ElliptiGO bike coaching plans are tailored to address general fitness, cross-training for runners or triathletes, long-distance cycling and weight loss.
You can read a few of my client testimonials on the “Recommendations” section of my LinkedIn page and you can find more details about each of my fitness coaching services below…
My face-to-face personal training services are conducted at Bodystreet Milton Keynes, my state-of-the-art personal training centre where, alongside a team of skilled personal trainers, I deliver once-weekly full-body 20-minute workouts using Electric Muscle Stimulation (EMS) technology. We also provide our clients with bespoke diet & lifestyle management support to ensure all their health and fitness goals are met.
The major advantages of whole-body electric muscle stimulation (EMS) training are:
- Infrequent training: most of our clients train just once a week (for only 20-min per session) which is highly efficient and convenient for time-poor or very busy individuals.
- Effective training: our personal training workouts push our clients much harder than they are able to push themselves in a gym and EMS training addresses both strength & endurance simultaneously.
- Low impact on the joints: our EMS workouts are high in training intensity, with negligible impact on the joints, making them suitable for all types of trainees across the age and physical ability spectrum.
Our personal training methodologies at Bodystreet Milton Keynes can be applied to a wide variety of health or fitness goals which benefit from high quality exercise – ranging from goals such as weight loss and fighting type 2 diabetes, to extreme strength and endurance sports conditioning. Our EMS technology is the most versatile, cost-effective and time-efficient personal training modality available in the general fitness & sports injury rehabilitation industry.
EMS training is especially effective for improving back pain & stiffness, shoulder pain & stiffness, knee pain & stiffness, and other joint-stability problems. Our unique low-impact high intensity interval (HIIT) full-body EMS workouts allow even people with bad joints and chronic injuries to train very hard, without any discomfort and without incurring any further damage to their joints.
Whole-body electric muscle stimulation training facilitates the most complete muscle fibre recruitment possible for every major muscle group, while also allowing trainees to work all their major muscle groups simultaneously throughout the entire 20-minute high intensity interval (HIIT) workout. This style of training engages all the different muscle fibre types – stimulating improvements in both strength and endurance – without high impact on the joints.
EMS workouts are a very efficient, effective and convenient way to condition your body. And because of the unique advantage of engaging all the muscle groups at the same time, while also recruiting more muscle fibres in those muscle groups than conventional exercise, EMS workouts only need to be done once or twice a week to achieve amazing results. Approximately 95% of our clients at Bodystreet Milton Keynes train just once a week to achieve their fitness or weight loss goals.
To book a face-to-face initial consultation & trial session at Bodystreet Milton Keynes (which includes a Tanita body composition assessment and 20-min EMS workout) please click here. And to find out more about what we do at Bodystreet Milton Keynes please follow this link.
I also work remotely with fitness clients who can’t regularly reach my Bodystreet Milton Keynes personal training facility and the remainder of this page outlines how you can access my remote coaching services from wherever in the world you might be based.
My ElliptiGO Bike (Remote or in-person) Sales & Fitness Coaching Programme:
The ElliptiGO is a bicycle designed without a saddle and specifically intended to facilitate a workout very similar to running, yet lacking the impact on the joints which is usually associated with running. It’s also important to say ElliptiGO training is FUN!
Training on an ElliptiGO is great for weight loss, endurance training, leisure cycling, cycling events and impact-free cross-training for runners. ElliptiGO bikes can be used in exactly the same settings as road, hybrid, or mountain bikes (depending on the chosen model) and they can be ridden for similar distances to conventional bikes.
I am the most experienced ElliptiGO bike fitness coach in the world, providing ElliptiGO-based training and coaching plans to help people achieve a wide variety of fitness goals. My ElliptiGO Bike Training Plans cover general fitness, weight loss, sports injury rehabilitation, endurance cycling training and impact-free ElliptiGO cross-training for runners and triathletes.
If you’d like to learn more about ElliptiGO bikes you can explore the full ElliptiGO model range (with the prices listed for each model) on these links (ElliptiGO SUB, ElliptiGO RSUB, ElliptiGO MSUB, ElliptiGO 3C, ElliptiGO 8C, ElliptiGO 11R, Fluid 365 Stationary Trainer) and you can gain further insights into the training and lifestyle options these fantastic bikes can give if you follow the useful links below:
If you don’t yet own an ElliptiGO bike and you would like to take up this unique, effective and highly engaging form of fitness cycling, I can facilitate an ElliptiGO bike purchase which incorporates a month of Remote Fitness Coaching. The 1-month fitness coaching package is included in the standard purchase price of the ElliptiGO bike, so you’ll not need to pay extra for your coaching when you make the bike purchase.
One of my ElliptiGO clients has shared the first month of his ElliptiGO fitness and weight loss coaching journey on this link. In those first 4 weeks of ElliptiGO coaching he doubled his riding distance and also lost 10 lbs of body fat. Hopefully his feedback gives useful insights into the pathway my ElliptiGO coaching clients typically follow.
Be sure to contact me directly if you’d like to arrange an ElliptiGO purchase which also includes a 1-month Remote Fitness Coaching Package. And if you’d like to book a 30-minute ElliptiGO test ride with me in Milton Keynes please do so using this link.
If you are located close to Milton Keynes and would like to train with me (in-person) on an ElliptiGO bike, you can book a 1-hour ElliptiGO Bike Personal Training Session using this link. As your fitness progresses the training session duration can be increased by booking consecutive 1-hour training slots.
My Remote Fitness Coaching Program:
I use a wide range of remote fitness training approaches with my online clients, ranging from general home-based exercises to gym-based training routines. I have personally relied on calisthenics (bodyweight) training for over 40 years and I can design fitness routines for my clients which require minimal or no equipment at all.
Let me know what equipment you may or may not have and I’ll devise an exercise plan based around what works best for you. I always combine my exercise plans with the most appropriate diet and lifestyle modifications to get the best results for my clients.
To book a remote 1:1 health & fitness coaching session with me please click here to set up an initial consultation.
My 20 Chin-Ups & Pull-Ups Calisthenics Coaching Programme:
My 20 Chin-Ups & Pull-Ups Coaching Plan is a specialised option in my Remote Fitness Coaching Programme and is aimed at people who want to develop the ability to complete at least 20 chin-ups or pull-ups in a single set, without letting go of the bar. In this specialised calisthenics coaching plan I utilise training principles which I developed when I trained myself, aged 46-years-old, to break the chin-ups world record (a goal which I achieved in September 2020).
To explore joining my Remote Coaching Program please click here & set up your initial consultation.
My Combat Diabetes & Obesity Programme:
If you want to fight pre-diabetes or full type two diabetes through exercise and weight loss, or if you have have health, fitness or weight loss goals which you are currently finding very difficult to achieve (but you are not willing to give up on your goal) please book your initial consultation and we can start working towards achieving your targets. I’ll be happy to meet with you (in person, or online) to discuss all the options and support I can offer to help you attain your goals.
There is a lot of research showing that MOST people with type 2 diabetes who succeed in losing a certain amount of body weight (while also improving their fitness levels) have a very high chance of achieving remission of the condition and living completely independently of diabetes medications. Fighting for type II diabetes remission is a passion I have developed after working in the health, healthcare & fitness industries over many years and if that’s your aim I’d love to work with you.
A lack of knowledge and procrastination are probably the two main reasons why most people do not achieve their health and fitness goals. It’s not that the goals are unreachable, we just need a pathway towards them and a commitment to follow that pathway. When you have the right knowledge and support, coupled with sufficient motivation, your goals will become attainable. It is much easier to become fully committed to a journey which you genuinely believe in and your early results will help to enforce and build your self-belief even further.
And that’s why I specialise in equipping you with knowledge of all the different methods available for attaining your specific targets (methods which will be suited to your unique personal circumstances) and I also keep you motivated and accountable whenever your confidence falters (which it probably will, from time to time). I can also remotely provide any nutritional products which I feel are necessary to support your health & fitness journey, so don’t let distance get in the way of our success in working towards your goals.
If you really want to achieve something amazing with your health & fitness (and if your goal is more than just a fanciful wish, because you are genuinely willing to commit to taking action in order to achieve that goal) I will be honoured to motivate and guide you to get to where you need to go. In the end, it’s you who has to do most of the work. Coaches can guide, monitor, educate, train, support and motivate you, but it’s still you that has to do the real work and take action!
Having spent many decades pursuing the limits of human mental & physical performance (and breaking some of the toughest fitness world records along the way) I am especially keen to work with clients who have ambitious, challenging goals (like combating high blood pressure, fighting to get type two diabetes into remission, completing an ultra-endurance event, or making a dramatic physical transformation).
And, of course, I also enjoy helping clients with more general weight loss, sporting and fitness goals. So get in touch with me directly if you are not satisfied with your current fitness levels, or if you are not happy with the results you’ve been getting with your current exercise regime. I’ll help you set new goals for yourself – goals that really motivate you – and I’ll then help you to achieve those goals.
Making a commitment requires taking that first step and making contact. I’ll then guide you from that first contact until you have built up your self-belief and achieved your goals.
HOW TO JOIN MY ONLINE COACHING PROGRAMS:
- First make a commitment by booking your initial consultation (£19.99 for a 30-minute initial consultation). During your initial consultation we’ll jointly develop a Fitness Coaching Plan to address your goals.
- Once your plan has been agreed, you can then subscribe to my Remote Coaching Plan. Subscriptions are paid monthly, in advance, and subscribers to this coaching plan will be entitled to a weekly 30-min phone or video call meeting with me for the duration of their subscription.
- Only for ElliptiGO Bike Coaching clients: If you’d like to book a 30-minute ElliptiGO test ride with me in Milton Keynes please do so using this link. If you already own an ElliptiGO bike and want help with devising a training plan, the same remote coaching approach outlined in (1) and (2) above will apply. Simply book your initial consultation (£19.99 for a 30-minute initial consultation) and we can take it from there. Once your coaching plan has been agreed, you can then subscribe to my Remote Coaching Plan. Subscriptions are paid monthly, in advance, and subscribers to this coaching plan will have a weekly 30-min phone or video call meeting with me for the duration of their subscription.
- If you’d like to buy a new ElliptiGO bike and also receive 1:1 coaching, to maximise the benefits of your ElliptiGO training, I will set up a special ElliptiGO purchase arrangement (which will include the bike and a 1-month coaching package) for the standard retail price of whichever ElliptiGO bike model you choose to buy. To discuss the details of an ElliptiGO Bike purchase, with a coaching package included, please contact me directly.
- In-Person ElliptiGO Bike Personal Training: If you’d like to train with me (in-person) on an ElliptiGO bike, please book yourself into my in-person training slots using this calendar link. My standard ElliptiGO Personal Training sessions are booked in 1-hour increments and are conducted in Milton Keynes. The £49.99 session hourly cost includes the ElliptiGO bike hire as well as the actual personal training. Special arrangements can be made for me to travel to clients for ElliptiGO personal training rides in locations outside Milton Keynes but such appointments will require bookings to cover the number of additional hours required for me to travel to and from my location. If you’d like me to travel to your location for an ElliptiGO workout please contact me before making your booking, so we can confirm how many 1-hour slots you’ll need to book to cover your training and my travel time.
If you have any questions I’ll be thrilled to hear from you and I can’t wait to help you achieve something amazing in your health and fitness!